- A final score is calculated for each student that consists of up to 100 points (85%) for the student’s grades for the prior school year, along with up to 18 points (15%) awarded for the attached Addendum sheet of activities and achievements.
- Once the scores have been calculated, First Team All-Americans are selected. The top 35 football players and 35 cheerleaders per grade (plus ties) are selected as National First Team All-Americans.
- Second Team All-Americans are then determined by Pop Warner based upon the number of applications that were submitted for that year. Last year’s total was approximately 6,000 Second Team All-Americans
What Happens Next: Pop Warner will announce its annual Scholar All-Americans via the Pop Warner website, Facebook and Twitter each year by April 1st. Each scholar will receive an informational packet in the mail by the end of April that includes:
- Congratulatory letter from Pop Warner indicating their scholastic accomplishment.
- Certificate of achievement for National All-Americans.
- Information regarding the Pop Warner National All-American Banquet.
Four Points Pop Warner is very proud of the work and accomplishments of the following our student athletes who have made this honor list. They ranked in the top 2% of the 350,000 children that take part in the Pop Warner Little Scholars Program each year. The ranking is based on their grades for the 2012/2013 academic year and additional honors and activities they take part in.