Can you believe it? Football season is HERE!!
(Well, preseason…but we’ll take it!)
Bring all of your paperwork to practice if you have NOT already delivered it to your team parent. Remember: No Papers = No Play! If your Viper does NOT have a physical form signed and dated between 1/1/15 and 8/1/15, s/he will NOT be allowed to practice. This is non-negotiable. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200. Seriously, you have to have the physical form.
Hydration starts NOW. Do not wait. Get your Viper hydrated starting now. It is hot, hot, hot outside and we take our players’ and cheerleaders’ safety as the number 1 priority. Help us help them. Hydrate now.
Football players – Practice Gear: Helmets, Chin Straps, Mouth guard, Shirts, shorts, cleats. Weigh ins will be on August 3rd.
Cheerleaders – please arrive by 7:45am for safety check and documentation check. See below for more Boot Camp details.
ALL VIPERS – Be sure to come to practice with a big jug of water (a 12 oz water bottle is not going to cut it), sunscreen and bug spray. It’s Texas summer, Viper Nation, be prepared!! Also, please go to the restroom BEFORE you get to practice! (We’re looking at you Tiny Mites….)
Viper Cheer Bootcamp Notes:
- Practice Uniform: White tshirt, black shorts, white socks, white cheer shoes, hair up in ponytail, NO jewelry (earrings, bracelets, anklets, rings,etc.)
- Large Water Jug
- Towel/Yoga Mat
- Sunscreen & Bug spray
- Restroom PRIOR to arriving at camp
During our regular schedule, have your cheerleader eat a healthy, light dinner around 4:30. She’ll need the energy for practice. We will have water breaks, but no snack breaks.
For Saturday, please arrive by 7:45am to begin safety and documentation checks so that we may begin promptly at 8am. For regular week day schedule, please arrive by 5:15 for check in.
Complete Boot Camp Schedule can be found here: 2015 Viper Cheer Bootcamp
It will be here before you know it! Make sure you are ready!
1. Get your Paperwork. Your team parent should’ve contacted you by now in regards to when and where to deliver your paper work. Need forms? Go HERE. Haven’t heard from your team parent or coach? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
2. Get a physical. Your child must have a physical between 1/1/2015 and 8/1/2015 in order to participate. Make sure you have your doctor sign the 2015 National Pop Warner form. Your child will not be able to practice on 8/1 without it!
3. Get OUTSIDE. Don’t wait until 8/1. Cheerleaders need to stretch, jump and tumble every day starting now. Football players need to put on their helmet and do some work OUTSIDE. Be sure your Viper is being active in the outdoors. We practice and play outside August – November and ..it..is..HOT. Get them acclimated to the heat by starting now..and HYDRATE! Check out some great summer camp offerings from our sponsors to keep your Viper active this summer. There’s a VHS Viper Football camp coming up on July 27th for all Pop Warner-aged kids. Click HERE for more info!
4. Get your Gear. Practice Gear for Cheer is: white t-shirt, black shorts, white tennis/cheer shoes, hair up in ponytail, BIG water jug. For practice gear for football, check with your coach re: color practice jersey, but otherwise white football pants with pads, cleats, shoulder pads (after 20 hours), helmets, big water jug and MOUTH GUARDS (get extras…the boys chew, lose and otherwise destroy these things on a regular basis.) Click HERE for 20% Discount at Dick’s on 7/18!
Hear from our Volunteers, Athletes and Sponsors
August 5 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
August 22 @ 4:00 pm - 6:30 pm